DSL, gaim and yum

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 00:30:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I bought a new DSL modem on ebay last week. Everything works fine, except that
I can no longer do a yum update or connect using gaim. In particular, gaim
hangs while authenticating while gaim provides the following:

# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

I somehow believe that this is some setting on the modem which needs to be
correctly set, since another machine connected on a different T1-line seems to
do just fine connecting.

Btw, the DSL modem has a firewall, set at NAT (Network Address Translation
only) and I can do almost everything else just fine.

Can someone please help or suggest what I should look at?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Globe