Ridiculously high latency with my AMD X2 64 and Gigabyte K8N Pro-SLI board

Dan Hensley dan at dshensley.com
Fri Oct 28 02:30:02 UTC 2005

I'm using the gigabit ethernet chip on my card, and when I try to play
bzflag I notice that there is ridiculous latency.  For example, my lag
is low (100 ms), but the variability is +/- 4200 ms.  This is with both
the smp and non-smp kernels.  In fact it is worse with the non-smp
kernel.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be, and what I can do
to track it down and fix it?

I've given up on using the smp kernel as well.  I was able to find
kernel boot arguments that keep the clock sane, but I cannot keep the
multiple keypresses from happening.  I sure hope bug 55223 gets fixed
pronto, because I bought a dual core CPU so I could use both cores.

Dan