nvidia or ati ?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Oct 28 06:08:41 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:
> The kernel is installed, not updated.
> It does not load the new kernel until a reboot occurs so if you watch
> for the update in the yum.log then you can do the reboot and driver
> update at your convenience.

I can do that, you can do that.

The "ordinary users" I have can't. :-(

Some of them have dualboot machines, and therefore
reboot regularly.

Hm, I'll guess it would be easier to stick with the files
from nvidia and make a script that is run during boot
that builds and installs the kernel module, if necessary.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk