Broken OO2 update

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 28 09:32:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:11 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 10/27/05, Patrick <fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:19 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > While in the middle of a yum update last night, someone who loves me
> > > closed the terminla window. Now, when I open Open Office, I still have
> > > version 1, but in the about field, it says version 2.0!
> > >
> > > What should I do? Can I just uninstall OO and then reinstall via yum?
> > > I tried the command (I am not proficient at yum) "yum openoffice
> > > uninstall" but that didn't do it.
> >
> > You can remove all openoffice.org rpms with:
> > rpm -qa | grep openoffice.org- | xargs rpm -e
> >
> > Then reinstall the openoffice.org-* rpms with:
> > yum install openoffice.org-*
> >
> > Works for me, your mileage may vary. Use at own risk etc.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Patrick
> >

> Thanks, Patrick. The removal of the rpms went quietly, however, when I
> try to install with yum I get:
>
> The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora Core 4 - i386 - Base" repository
> are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
> Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
>
> The full output is below. Googling for this error message led me to a
> post by Paul Howarth suggesting that some package is signed with the
> wrong key. However, the post was centered about a different package
> and I am unable to find the key for open office. No keys on the Open
> Office website, either...
>
> How is this to be dealt with? Cold I just reinstall from an rpm that I
> wold download from Openoffice.org? One of my concerns is translating
> OO to Hebrew when that translation becomes available, will I be ale to
> do that to a yum installation of OO? OO 1 was hebrew in my system,
> because I installed the system with that language as the default.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advise.

I'm afraid I have never seen that error before. What you could do is to
once again remove all openoffice.org-* packages with "rpm -qa | grep
openoffice.org- | xargs rpm -e" and then install the base openoffice.org
packages and only the Hebrew language support. Putting it all in one
command you would get this:

clear; rpm -qa | grep openoffice.org- | xargs rpm -e; \
 yum install openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-xsltfilter \
 openoffice.org-pyuno openoffice.org-writer \
 openoffice.org-javafilter openoffice.org-core \
 openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-impress \
 openoffice.org-graphicfilter openoffice.org-testtools \
 openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-langpack-he_IL

Just copy and paste the entire block you want to use into a shell and
you hopefully get the right thing.

Regards,
Patrick