Can't bind to dhcp address: Permission denied

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 28 09:20:17 UTC 2005

Hanspeter Roth:

>>> So what could be the cause?

Tim:

>> SELinux?

Hanspeter Roth:

> Yes, what should I check or change with about SELinux?

Well, you did *just* ask what could be the cause...  ;-)

If you're using the GUI, you could run the "security level" tool and
look through the SELinux options related to DHCP, and make adjustments
where you see fit.

I don't recall having any problems getting my DHCPD server running.
You're not trying to run the client and the server on the same PC, are
you?

I read messages from the public lists.