how to react on ssh attacks?

Jonathan Rawle gmane at jonathanrawle.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 17:45:13 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

> Are you using the command:  su - or just su?
>
> X apps should work just fine.  They do here.

I mean specifically when doing so over ssh (log in as a user then su). It
seemed to make no difference whether I used su or su-

Admittedly, I haven't tried this recently. It used to be a problem on
earlier Fedora/RHL releases. I'll do some tests on FC4...

I also found a script that provided a "sux" command that fixed it in some
cases. This is provided by some distros such as SUSE, and it claims to work
by transferring X "cookies".

Jonathan

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/