Fedora 4 maxtor 160Gb 30 gb missing;

Mirco Scaramucci mircobeaker at hotpop.com
Fri Oct 28 18:12:11 UTC 2005

hello guys,
I just purchased a brand new maxtor 160Gb harddrive where I installed
fedora core 4 and the drive was fully recognized by anaconda during
installation as a 160Gb.
Installation went all ok but when I first logged in to my account and
checked the available space on disk i noticed that strangely the space
available was only 135Gb meaning that approx 30Gb were not counted in.
I then upgraded to kernel 2.6.13.1-1532.FC4 hoping to regain the missing
space but still no sign of it.
I therefore installed QTPArted and checked what the situation was and
funny enough the LVM on qtparted is recognized as 160Gb.
I also have a 40Gb external HD connected via USB which is fully
recognized.

What has happened to the remaining 30GB on the MAxtor HD?

Thanks