FC4 on Dell Inspiron 1200 with NetGear WAG511 Dual-Band Wireless Card

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:24:30 UTC 2005

This equipment just shipped in. I have also installed more memory on it,
so that it actually boasts 768 MB of RAM, not merely the 256-MB of RAM
that is hard-wired into it. It also has a 40-GB HDD, so I don't
anticipate a problem with space.

I have heard a lot of contradictory statements about the prospects of
getting FC4 to work on equipment of this type.

Two issues:

1.	Has anyone any experience installing FC4 on this model (Dell Inspiron
1200) at all?

2.	Exactly how do I install the MADWiFi drivers and kernel module? I
specifically bought the NetGear WAG511 because it has an Atheros
chipset, which MADWiFi is supposed to recognize. But I haven't found any
decent instructions on how to install MADWiFi drivers and kernel modules
from RPM packages.

Any assistance, even with research, would be appreciated.

Temlakos