Linux killer!

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Oct 29 12:57:40 UTC 2005

On Sat October 29 2005 8:46 am, malcolm wrote:

> Even the most angst ridden teenager admitted that 99% of Linux was
> better than the Windows
> equivalent but not one of them wanted to use it simply because of the
> lack of Windows Media plugins
>
> Help .... please !

I have the same issue, but my "angst ridden teenagers" are baby-boomers in
their 50's. In the world we dwell in, the web video output of the entire
organization is WM. People want to see the published work. WM archived files
are no problem. Far as I know, there is no way to view live streaming WM -
someone correct me if I'm wrong. Look at the archives of the past 24 hours
for instrux to get WM working in Fedora - it will get you 90% of the way -
you will be able to click on WM files on most webpages and play them. If it's
live streaming though, it won't work. I haven't gotten WM to work yet under
Wine, but, that has been done - I can't speak to whether that will get you
the live streams. Someone who has gotten WM under Wine installed may speak up
- I would be interested to know the answer.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA