kernel-module-ntfs and Yum

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 14:36:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 09:20 -0500, Daniel Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the kernel-module-ntfs package with yum, but when i run
> the 'yum update' command the package isn't updated.
> Can anyone tell me why?

addon kernel module packages are not automatically updated - the version
of the kernel they are built for is part of the name of the package - so
that it is easier to have multiple versions installed without updates
replacing the earlier ones.

You have to explicitly request the new module for your new kernel.
Usually (at least from livna) they appear very quickly.