amarok 1.3.5 and mysql???

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 29 15:08:30 UTC 2005

on 10/29/2005 07:12 AM Andy Pieters wrote:
> Hi
>
> Although it might be quite a bit of work IMHO it is best that you compile
> amaroK yourself.
no way. I'm not going to install a tonns of kde*-devel just to compile
amarok. It is enough that I've installed kdebase, kdelibs, kdeartwork...
 I dont need there packages for anything except the amarok.  If I was
enjoying compiling things myself I would stay on gentoo and never
install fc.

more than that, from all this fanciness of amarok the only useful
feature for me is dynamic playlist. I madman was able to do that amarok
 would never appear on my box.

> It should be noted that amaroK does NOT depend on MySQL.  In fact, amaroK uses
> standard a PostgreSQL database and can be compiled with MySQL support.
>
> amaroK does crash often if there are incosistencies between the several
> components and dependencies.  For that reason, I downloaded and compiled all
> dependencies seperatly and proceeded to compile amaroK.  Always use the same
> compiler and compile on the same machine.
well, I thought that yum takes care of that. Isn't this the main feature?

> Further questions are best addressed to the amaroK mailing list.
I tried to ask on their irc-channel, they sent me to taglib developers :)

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta