Finally adding that swap file

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:13:35 UTC 2005

On 10/29/05, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> You should at least try using swapon in rc.local to see if it works for you.
> There might be something odd going on in my case.

I added the swap file and acording to cat /proc/swaps it is working. I
know that this is obvious, but before I screw anything up, I just need
to add the line:
swapon /home/swapfile
to the end of /etc/rc.local so that it will (hopefully) be started at
boot? Also, should I bother adding the line:
/swapfile               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
to the end of /etc/fstab? Thanks for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/forum/index.php
Lyrics Forum