Sound lost on FC#

chrisl at xp.etowns.net chrisl at xp.etowns.net
Sat Oct 29 23:58:42 UTC 2005

I ran across a weird problem with my Dell laptop where I had lost sound.
Well technically I hadn't lost sound, only sound to my speakers. When I
plugged in headphones I had sound. I found out that there is a ALSA
mixer setting that you can turn off and my speakers worked again.

If headphone work on your machine you can start up alsamixer and then go
all the way to the right, I think it was called MM or something like that.

Chris