Linux killer!

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Oct 30 00:19:59 UTC 2005

On Sat October 29 2005 2:47 pm, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> But you mention Yahoo Music Videos, that is another
> animal.  I have the same problem too!   I have tried
> to find a solution but usually firefox bails out.  I
> told the students that the network firewal blocks the
> videos, but they caught me because they do play in
> windows.  Hope someone can help you!  I have even
> tried to fool Yahoo Music Video webpage by using "User
> Agent Switcher" in Interent Explorer mode, but firefox
> just bails off.

I checked this out, too, after my earlier discovery re: streaming video. I get
an error saying: "To use this application with Netscape, you must use a 4.7x
or 7.1 version."
I happen to be running Deer Park. Oh well - the original poster is right,
though. One can up with any number of reasons why WM is not important for a
Linux box, but, to be a truly competitive desktop for the masses, this issue
will have to be solved. For my case, being able to play streaming WM is not
about entertainment, it's about work. This is not intended as a criticism or
complaint - if I were a programmer I'd jump in and help that project.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA