Eclipse plugins

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Oct 30 01:09:42 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> I believe it is: /usr/share/eclipse/plugins
> for your particular fedora box.

Thanks. I found that.  I also found that you can specify other places, so
I decided to use /usr/local/share/eclipse for plugins that aren't
installed via RPM.

My question was really more along the lines of:

The Subclipse plugin instructions say you don't need to download anything,
just do the install in Eclipse.  But if I do that as a normal user, how
can I install in a location owned by root and not world writable?  Would I
get prompted for a password or something?

I worked around the issue by starting Eclipse as root and doing the
install there.  It appears to load fine as a normal user, but I haven't
tested it yet.  The only odd thing was, when I created the directory in
the GNOME file browser it got permissions of 754, and I had to fix that by
hand.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences