SmartLink Modem Family Woes (Snap Snap)

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Oct 30 01:29:17 UTC 2005

On Sat October 29 2005 9:11 pm, taharka wrote:
> I use Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. modems exclusively & their USB modems
> were external winmodems with a Lucent chip set. Multi-Tech also makes
> internal/external modems that are Linux/Unix certified. Maybe this is
> the one that escapes you ;-)
Yes, I remember your recommending these earlier. I actually went and priced
them, but I found them pretty pricey, and couldn't find any discounts. The
ones I mentioned were the result of price as well as results shopping. The
USR 5610B is about $10-15 less than the Multi-tech internal, if I remember
correctly. The Zoom and Trendnet modems are far less - I think I paid around
$35 for the Trendnet and about $56 for the Zoom.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA