Fedora update info

Gerald Thompson geraldlt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 03:15:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-29-10 at 14:11 -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering where I can find the equivalent of Red Hat errata
> and/or security notices for Fedora Core.  For example, today I noticed
> that kernel-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3 was just released, whereas
> kernel-2.6.12-1.1380_FC3 was released pretty recently too.  I'd like
> to know where I can find out WHY updates are released.  I did poke
> around a little on the fedora website, but didn't find what I was
> looking for.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Derek;

You can subscribe to fedora-announce-list at redhat.com

All the updates and the reasons for them are posted to that mailing
list, usually on the same day the update is released.

I am on several of the mailing lists actually, I just set up message
filters to put them in different folders/lables on my gmail account.  If
you want to use gmail to manage your mailing lists send me a message and
I will send an invite your way.

It makes it a lot easier to search the lists for solutions too, I can
just search my e-mail.

--
Gerald Thompson
geraldlt at gmail.com