TV load question.

Serge serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 06:50:30 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> I am always mystified how you add a plugin or expand the extensions
> for a file type like video/mpeg. Anyway mplayer works on a variety of
> video file types by mp2 and mp4 are not among them. So I would like
> to add them. I tried by changing the pluginreg.dat and the
> mimeTypes.rdf  files but to no avail. The video files are not
> recognized.
> Any further ideas out there.

Make sure you have
http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20050412.tar.bz2

and then try to open the stream using mplayer.

I do not use the mplayer plugin (it seems good but I run firefox
remotely) but if I really want to watch a stream I right click on the
page that contains the stream and select "View Page Info" then I go to
the "media" tab and scroll for embed in the "type" column and use the
URL in there