USB modem install on FC4

Jean François Ortolo ortolojf at free.fr
Sun Oct 30 15:17:10 UTC 2005

>  Yes Sir
>
>  The udev rules file shows me some serial/comm interfaces, some of them
>with the word "USB" in it, but I don't know which one to choose.
>
>  Furthermore, I tried ttyUSB0 by running 'udevinfo ttyUSB'. It
>succeeded but this interface was not being added to the network tool
>interfaces list. By 'succeeded' I mean the ttyUSB[0-9]+ were added to
>the /dev directory.

I apologize

  I made this:

  /sbin/MAKEDEV ttyUSB

  which temporarily added all ttyUSB interfaces to the /dev directory.

  However, the network configuration tool interfaces list wasn't updated,
which I presume is because the udev database was not modified.

  May be I'm wrong.

  The first problem should be to choose the right usb interface to setup,
 among the serial/usb in the udev rules file.

  The second, to make this interface appear in the network tool list.

  Thank you very much for your help.

  Best regards.

  Jean-Francois Ortolo