mplayer problem

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Oct 30 14:40:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 05:28:26PM -0700, John Wendel wrote:
> Latest mplayer from livna installed.
>
> I'm getting the following error from mplayer, which plays the video, but
> no audio. Xine does the same thing (except I don't see any error messages).
>
> Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
> FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
> ADecoder init failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0xFF.
>
> I've got all the codecs from the mplayer website installed and it does
> play most AAC audio.
>
> Any clues will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
Actually is usually the video that I can't see when I do this but try
putting the codecs in /usr/local/lib/win32 instead of /usr/lib/win32,
or so bot through a soft link.
It is very vulgar to talk like a dentist when one isn't a dentist.
It produces a false impression.
		-- Oscar Wilde.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science