Fedora update info

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Sun Oct 30 17:27:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:15:29PM -0600, Gerald Thompson wrote:
> Hi Derek;
> You can subscribe to fedora-announce-list at redhat.com
>
> All the updates and the reasons for them are posted to that mailing
> list, usually on the same day the update is released.

Thanks for the info.

> I am on several of the mailing lists actually, I just set up message
> filters to put them in different folders/lables on my gmail account.

I'm on dozens of mailing lists, and I use procmail for this.

> If you want to use gmail to manage your mailing lists send me a
> message and I will send an invite your way.

Thanks but no...  gmail is evil.  They gather and use personal info,
and I'm a privacy freak...  I run my own mail server with TLS enabled,
and I ecrypt my mail whenever possible too (i.e. whenever I can
convince the recipients to use PGP encryption).  Really, it's a wonder
I use the Internet at all.  =8^)

> It makes it a lot easier to search the lists for solutions too, I can
> just search my e-mail.

I can already do that with Mutt, or with grep for that matter, or with
AIMS if I don't want to keep all that mail hanging around.  But thanks
for your offer.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/