Multiple gateways in a network

Felipe Nunez gatopardo at verizon.net.do
Sun Oct 30 18:17:04 UTC 2005

  Hi :
      I'm having trouble using more than a gateway and Fedora Core 2.
   I  need to connect a particular computer -let's say with private
   address 192.168.2.23/24  to internet. The gateway to internet have
   address 192.168.2.10/24.  At the same time we have another gateway
   with addresses 192.168.30/24   and 192.168.1.10/24 to connect to
  the other network (192.168.1.0/24)

    Working with only one gateway is easy. But with the 2 of them at the
  same time allows connection to the internet just during the first minutes,
  later connection to internet is lost, not so the other local network.

    What are we missing. I'm embarrassed to ask for advice, but the
  documentation read so far has not being of any help.

   F Nunez  ( Linux counter # 273870 )