A bug in the text based ISO installation CDs?

Rob Prowel tempest766 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 02:06:10 UTC 2005

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > selected 1080MB of packages and the partition is
> > 3000MB in size?

> This now depends on the swap partition, boot
> partitions and other partitions that are on your
> system.  By default the swap partition size is
> double
> the ram, so if you have 512 MB of Ram, then your
> swap
> partition will be 1024 MB, 256 MB then 512 MB will
> be
> your swap partition size, and so on
>
>    3000MB
>   -1080MB
> ---------
>   1920 MB swap ?
> - 1024 MB
> ---------
>    896 MB
>  - 100 MB /boot partition ?
> ---------
>    796 MB ???

point taken...the machine is rather light: 48MB of EDO
RAM, 200mhz pentium classic and a 3GB hard disk (to be
used only as a firewall and wireless bridge)

my fdisk for the target disk (before) starting the
installation was

sda1    /          2920MB (bootable) ext3
sda2    swap        ~80MB

being an old Solaris geek I still stay close to the 2
times RAM rule of thumb for swap.

I left his alone and all I did was under druiddisk I
set the target mountpoint for sda1.  I had already run
mkswap on the swap partition.