Fedora update info

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 04:44:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 11:27, Derek Martin wrote:

> > If you want to use gmail to manage your mailing lists send me a
> > message and I will send an invite your way.
>
> Thanks but no...  gmail is evil.  They gather and use personal info,
> and I'm a privacy freak...  I run my own mail server with TLS enabled,
> and I ecrypt my mail whenever possible too (i.e. whenever I can
> convince the recipients to use PGP encryption).  Really, it's a wonder
> I use the Internet at all.  =8^)

How does it help you to keep your copy of the information sent
to public mailing lists private or encrypted?

> > It makes it a lot easier to search the lists for solutions too, I can
> > just search my e-mail.
>
> I can already do that with Mutt, or with grep for that matter, or with
> AIMS if I don't want to keep all that mail hanging around.  But thanks
> for your offer.

You can actually do both with a small amount of extra setup.  You
can configure a gmail account to allow you to pick up the mail
via pop while still keeping a copy on the server.  Then you
can read messages as they come in with your favorite
interface, deleting as you go but still go back to gmail
with the web interface if you later decide to search the
old messages.  Their search and threaded view is very
nice.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com