server Crashing

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 18:48:18 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 1:40 pm, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 12:00 +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I've replaced the memory because it looked like a mem fault
>
> If you believe that to be the case, run memtest86 (installable from
> extras).  It'll pick up memory and related problems (e.g. motherboard
> might have other issues).

I've run memtest a number of times now.  I've got 2 slots and 5 memory
sticks.  I've tried all sorts of variants with different sticks in
different slots, having a stick in just slot 1, having a stick in just
slot 2, having both slots full etc.

Every time I run memtest86+ I get errors on test 5.  The location and
number of the errors change as I change configs, but I never get a
clean test.  I also never get errors on any othe other tests, just test
5.

What's the chance that the problem's something other than memory.

Any ideas what I can try next?
--
Gary Stainburn