Spurious keyboard repeats with Kernel 1532

Gavin Graham gavindi at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 31 19:40:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I logged this as bugzilla #171554 but no one has taken notice of it so I
want to check  if anyone else here has seen this issue. It seems to
affect nForce-4 chipset MB's.

Description of problem:
Since upgrading from 2.6.13-1.1526 to 2.6.13-1.1532, I get random (and long keyboard repeats. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn off the Gnome setting for keybaord repeats. The problem is deeper than this though.
After turning off the keyboard repeats,I tried playing an mp3 and the sound was choppy. This has never happened prior to the kernel update.
This made my think that something was hogging resources to I started Gnome-System-Monitor and strangely enough, every time I moved a window, the CPU graph would just slip across the screen instead of just scrolling left once per second.
It would seem that there is I/O racing issues this kernel.
I downgraded back to 2.6.13-1.1526 and all my problems went away!!!
This is a heads up that something in that kernel is not right.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Kernel-2.6.13-1.1532

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get yourself a AUSUS A8N-E Motherboard
2. Upgrade to 2.6.13-1.1532
3. Start typing away in GNOME
This may affect nForce Motherboards,I dont know as this is the only one I could test on.

Actual Results:  I/O racing. Bad performance.

Expected Results:  No Keyboard repeats and normal priority threads.