Postgresql Failed

Nirav Parikh nirav.p at workskillsprofessionals.com.au
Thu Sep 1 03:14:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

Postgresql service  suddenly stop working it was running fine just about an hour ago.
I checked the file pgstartup.log and it says
"postmaster cannot access the server configuration file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf" Permission denied.

I changed the root password this morning but it was working fine after that it stopped working. I changed the password to old password and restarted the machine. The problem is still there.

Does anybody know what's the problem ?

Regards,

NEO