ATI propriety driver: no 3D

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Sep 1 15:18:18 UTC 2005

Strong wrote:
>>>soon from rpm.livna.org. Maybe those work better for you.
>
> Is is an official site to take rpms from? - I would not to get in a
> situation again when i downloaded an rpm, having been used expensive
> traffic, and then it refused to work on my FC4 - because that site was
> not official or whatever!

In my opinion, no repository other than the fedora.redhat.com are
official.  You use them as a tool and a convenience.  Some can screw you
up severely and lead to problems working with other repositories, but
that is another thread.

If you are concerned about using other repositories, then contact ATI
about their lack of true support for Linux.  I feel it would be a waste
of time as I went down that route and purchased a nVidia card.

 From comments on this list, the livna site is great for their rpms for
video drivers.  I have not used them yet.  Would I trust them?  For the
ATI drivers, yes.  Of course, I won't purchase anything with ATI video
anymore.

--
Robin Laing