Openoffice - how to omit Serbo-Croat ?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Sep 2 01:42:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 15:06 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> When I run "yum update" I occasionally get 20 or more
> large openoffice rpms to install,
> covering virtually every language I have heard of.
>
> Is there any way to restrict the download
> to languages I might conceivably understand?

If you installed all the languages it is just trying to follow your
choice of install.  I only installed english and so I only get one to
update.

Try rpm -qa openoffice\* and see how many packages you have installed.
Then remove the packages that you do not want.

This is my list

[jeff at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa openoffice\*
openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.3-11.5.0.fc3
openoffice.org-1.1.3-11.5.0.fc3
openoffice.org-libs-1.1.3-11.5.0.fc3