Problem with latest Kernel (2.6.12-1.1447_FC4)

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 05:23:30 UTC 2005

1 With 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4(smp) usbkey 128MB is detected and mounted even if
inserted before boot.
2 However there is a different problem (that is continuing with all previous
kernels) -
21 If a second usbkey is inserted it does not show up as a new desktop icon.
I can mount the second key manually.
22 Strangely if the two usbkeys have different format like one fat (default
OEM) and other fat32 (forced formatted) they both show up on desktop at
least when login is root.
3 Suggestions sought to make usbkeys work in default mode.
Thanks
 On 9/2/05, oldman <talbotscott at cox.net> wrote:

> The USB section apparently does not look for devices when it first
> comes up, at least my 128MB usbkey will not mount until I unplug and
> re-plug in the device.
> I'll look for a Bugzilla on this, though I know this has happened
> periodically on various kernels over the last 6 months
>

> Scott
>
> --

Anil Kumar Shrama