Print jobs not printing thru cups

Michael Lai ml at michael.lai.name
Mon Sep 5 07:06:23 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

>I will give you an extreme answer. Rename system-config-printer so no
>one will ever use it again. Before than delete all your printers using
>that application. And define all your printers using either the Cups
>web interface at localhost:631 or use the cups commands  lpadmin and
>lpoptions. From the web interface your can find the CUPS User and CUPS
>administration manuals. Read them and you printing will be much better
>and easier to deal with.

Sigh...I tried using the web interface and still the same.  When I try
to print from say, MS Word or Notepad, the application would just hang
and nothing would print.  I have to kill the process.  Luckily, I have
another printer, Hp LaserJet 4L, and that is printing fine though.  It
is just the HP LaserJet 1300 that I am having so much trouble with.  Any
ideas on what the problem may be?  Right now, the device is connected
through /dev/usb/lp1.