FC4 and video card

jack wallen jlwallen at insightbb.com
Thu Sep 8 23:03:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 01:58 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> It greatly depends on what you need to do with the machine.
> Do you plan on running games or any other 3D software? Do you run
> demanding graphical applications?
> In general, anything nVidia (I'd stay clear of GF4MXs) will work just
> fine using the nVidia binary drivers (from nvidia.com)
> Older ATI Radeons also seem to function OK, but their level of
> performance (and support) in no-where near the level of nVidia cards.
>
> But again, all of this depends on what you need.
> Gilboa

thank you so much. the primary apps i use are:

Scribus (creating some fairly large pdf documents)
gimp (creating and editing images for the above)
Open Office

and then the assortment of internet goodies and various and sundry
things.

i do play Neverwinter Nights now and again as well.

thanks again for all your help.

--
jack wallen, jr          <-O
nature loves variety      -+-   actor, writer, graphics designer