Sudden drop in samba read speed, write is ok.

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Sep 9 12:56:49 UTC 2005

VJ wrote:
>>It could be:
>>
>>Half/full duplex mismatch
>>Bad cable
>>Bad NIC
>>
>>Can you try ttcp between two machines?
>>

> When using FTP or NFS (I have mandrake on same dual boot client) I get
> good performance.

It can still be a duplex/autonegotiation problem.

What do you have inbetween the pc's (hub/switch...)?

> Is this ttcp shipped with Fedora Core 3?

Yes, ttcp-1.12-10.i386.rpm

You'll need this program in both ends, there should
be a windows version somewhere on the net.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk