sharing printer with samba in FC4 (SOLVED)

Michael Lai ml at michael.lai.name
Fri Sep 9 15:09:40 UTC 2005

Deepak Shrestha wrote:

>Though, the windows still complains with "access
>denied" message, I can print from application ignoring
>it as adviced by peter

That's odd. This is probably a dumb question but did you restart samba?

>But one problem still remains. Though my text is
>black,  printing from windows client seems to use all
>three color ink to make it black, while I print from
>linux it uses black.

Although the status still says "Access denied", your print jobs should
be prepared by your windows printer driver by virtue of the "use client
driver" line.  Go to your printer, right click on it and choose
Properties.  You should be able to find options in there to specify what
ink to use.

>One thing I couldn't understand on CUPS Driver option
>is "Printout Mode" and "Resolution, Quality...". How
>can I tell CUPS to decide on what ink to use depending
>on the nature of the document being printed?

That I don't know.  Maybe somebody with more expertise in cups can
answer this.