MathML fonts

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Sep 18 15:08:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Inspired by the earlier thread today on Mozilla and MathML I have put
> together two spec files to aide people in the installation of the
> MathType and Mathematica fonts:
>
> http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/mathematica_ttf.spec
> http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/mathtype_ttf.spec
>
> The necessary source files (that contain the fonts) can be downloaded
> from the URL field of the specfile. Of course you don't need to make
> rpm's, but making rpms makes it easier to install on a bunch of machines
> (especially if you run a private yum repo)
>
> Those fonts combined with the mathml-fonts from Fedora Extras should
> provide the fonts needed to view MathML in Firefox (and the pango thing
> mentioned by Eric Tanguy in the other thread).

Thanks, these are helpful.  A couple of minor suggestions:

(1) http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/ recommends the
Mathematica 4.1 fonts over the 4.2 fonts pretty strongly for this
application.

(2) I know unzip is commonly included in FC installs, but it should still
be a BuildRequires for the Mathematica spec.

(3) How does one make a nosrc.rpm from these?

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu