Fedora friendly debian user seeks help finding php.ini (5.0.5)

Jared Hall jrhall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:41:57 UTC 2005

Debian Users-

I seem to have missed my php.ini file.  I've compiled this particular
server with php-5.0.5.
I used phpinfo(); to find the damn thing, but when I went to the place
that phpinfo() sent me it wasn't there!
I've looked every where by hand, and then thought: "Is there some way
of using grep which will save me time and energy which I don't know
about." I've always used grep to search files and things like the
dmesg and think it's very handy, one of these days I should read the
man page on it... in fact I'll go do that right now, but in the mean time:

by some miracle of god is there a way of using grep to search for file
names recursively?
Is there any other way to save myself the hassle which lost files
always cause me?

Thank you

Jared