Getting the error when booting to init 5 "error while loading shared libraries libjpeg.so.62" on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:04:07 UTC 2005

> what does
>
> locate libjpeg.so.62

/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
output of rpm -qf /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62

libjpeg-6b-33

tell you? Also, run ldconfig and then try it again...

After running ldconfig ,I rebooted the system into init 5 level.But again
the same problem it is not booting into the init 5 by default.If I boot into
the init 3 level from there I can login into init 5 level but the background
color is white and I am not able to change the background
image/color.Moreover after getting into the init 5 level from init 3 level
by giving "startx" command at the command prompt these errors comes

"Failed to Load image redhat-spreadsheet.img.
Details: Unrecognized image file format".

This errors comes for Open Office Writer,SpreadSheet,Evolution etc means all
the icons on the panel.

I check the logs and errors like these were there "Could not recognize the
image file format for file '/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48X48/Stock/gtk-
dialog-error.png.

Any pointer how to solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover