Inel Wireless 2915ABG & FC4 on Dell Inspiron 9300

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 19:41:18 UTC 2005

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Neil Cherry <ncherry at comcast.net>
>
> | ... also a tip, use the command perror to find out
> | what an error number means. Example:
> |
> | wolfgang(pts/5)$ perror 2
> | Error code   2:  No such file or directory
>
> Cute.  I had not known of perror(1) (perror(3) has been around for
> perhaps 25 years).
>
> perror(1) is part of the mysql-server package so not all folks have it
> installed.
>
>     $ type perror
>     perror is /usr/bin/perror
>     $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/perror
>     mysql-server-4.1.12-2.FC4.1
>

> | You don't use the '-' in front of the number.
>
> Right.  The internal kernel functions tend to use negative errno(3)
> values to indicate failure.  These sometimes leak out into messages, as
> in this case.  errno(3) values themselves are strictly positve (0
> means "no error").

I never knew it was included with mysql. I created one for my
3B1 (yes a long time ago) and I've always had it. It's simple
enough, you're just passing a number to the function perror. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)