web-based access to the shell?

Ferindo Middleton Jr fmiddleton at verizon.net
Wed Sep 28 01:33:32 UTC 2005

Is there a way to access the shell, of course securely using SSL,
through a web browser. I was thinking that there would be a program
already a part of fedora core packages or extras, or a combination of
various different packages, that could implement  this.  Being able to
access the shell through a  standard web browser  would be really
convenient  and I'm sure  it been thought of before  and there already
some open-source implementation of this.

Ferindo