Wireless in Compaq nx9110 Laptop

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Sep 28 13:10:55 UTC 2005

My laptop has a builtin wireless broadcom card. Using ndiswrapper I can
get up to the point of getting an ip address. I can scan and see the
wireless networks but when I bring up the NIC is fails to get an
address. Haven't been able to get past that point.

So I thought I'd try my dlink card. Using ndiswrapper it loads the
driver and sees the hardware, but then I seem to have issues. Laptop has
locked up four times since I started messing with it. I've removed the
driver and I'm waiting to see if my laptop locks up again.

Anyone have any thoughts on either of these situations?

Thanks,
James