how to start kde

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:12:04 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:
> Or you can edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop from:
>
> DESKTOP="GNOME"

If I might shift this to my situation:  until today I was running
gnome fine, now not so well.  I'm just getting "default" and
"failsafe" as session options from the graphical login screen.  Typing
"nautilus" into a terminal brings up my old desktop, exactly as I have
had the preferences set up.

How do I add "gnome" as an option to the login screen "session"
button, pls?  I have things set for runlevel 5 at the moment.

The above file doesn't exist on my system, for what that's worth.

Thanks,

Thufir