xorg-x11 update may have broken my system

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Mon Sep 19 23:52:39 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette said the following on 9/19/2005 7:10 AM:

> It looks to me by your results that the older package is intact and
> that rpm thinks that the only difference during verification is the
> particular LibGLU.so.1.3 version.
> In other words, The new package is not actually present on the system,
> the older package is installed on the system. Both versions are in the
> rpm database though. To make upgrading your system easier  whenever X
> is fixed and a new release comes out, removing the db entry  for the
> newer version might be needed.
>
> Interesting information about the script breakage. This is surely a
> problem.

This surely is a problem.  For me too.  Anyone figured out how a newby
no-nothing could repair this?  I've been trying to figure this out since
Saturday.  Do you think X.org will re-issue the update so it will fix
itself if I just do "yum -update xorg-x11*"? Or is it going to be more
complicated?

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org