vmware player can't configure itself on 2069

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 3 04:16:39 UTC 2006

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sun April 2 2006 11:55 pm, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> vmware-tools-any-update1 is for the linux guest system for running
>> vmware-tools.
>>
>> Ed
>
> According to a page I brought up on this, that file is for getting things up
> on FC5 - I'm on FC4 on this box, and vmware-tools seems to be running fine.
> Am I missing something?

I don't know what "this box" means.  :-)

The point is....vmware-tools-any-update1 is used for the "guest" OS.  I
think you are saying that your guest OS is FC4 and vmware-tools is
installed and running just fine.  If that is the case, then you are OK
and are missing nothing.

FWIW, in my case my "host" OS is RHELv4 and I don't need
vmware-any-any-update99...but my "guest" OS is FC5 and for that I need
the vmware-tools-any-update1.

Another axiom to recall, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  :-)

--
My pony-tail hit the on/off switch on the power strip.