I can't log in except with user root[SOLVED]

Andrew fedora at tolboe.org
Thu Apr 6 20:16:56 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 11:34 -0600, Andrew wrote:
>
>> I'm new to fedora but not new to linux and this one has me confused.
>> When I either try to log into FC5 via the gui or ssh I get an error that
>> says "Access denied for this host".  I have a ldap running on another
>> linux box and thats where I'm pulling this user from.  I'm pretty sure
>> that I have ldap setup correctly because when I run getent passwd,
>> getent group, getent hosts, and getent shadow I see all of the users,
>> groups, hosts that are in ldap.  I don't have any user restrictions on
>> ssh and I allowed users to log into the gui.  So what have I missed?
>>

> ----
> no doubt the users need a 'home' directory and you have to account for
> that - perhaps via nfs / autofs
>
> Craig

I already had that linked over via nfs.  It was a problem in the
ldap.conf, i needed pam_check_host_attr no, which my other distro seams
to ignore.  However I don't seam to have all of the default scripts in
place because when I login I get bash 3.1 where i expect the host name
but that should be easy to fix.

Thanks
Andrew