CUPS error: "lpr: error - unable to print file: client-error-not-found"

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Apr 9 18:39:23 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Mixing system-config-printer and cups webinterface is a disaster
> in my experience.
>
> cups has some problems with local printers. Does your machine also print
> to other printers on the network

Hi Aaron,

I didn't use CUPS to configure this printer when I got FC5 up and
running several weeks ago; I simply added it with
system-config-printer. It worked fine, then spontaneously started
giving this error message as happened with you last August.

This is the only printer I am using. The CUPS installed is v1.1.23-30.2

Thanks for any ideas you might have on how to solve this...

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam