FC3: ulimit -i Problem

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Apr 14 17:36:24 UTC 2006

Eder, Norbert wrote:

 > I have tried the modification in "/etc/security/limits.conf", but I
 > think this doesn't make something on FC3.
 > In the description is also the Parameter sigpending not available. Is
 > that a BUG in FC3?
 > I will make now an upgrade to FC4. Maybe than it is working.
 >
 > For Info: I'm working not directly on pc-6. I'm connected over ssh on
 > pc-6.
 > When I work directly on pc-6, than the ulimit can be modified by a local
 > user.

Nobsi,

On my FC3 boxes, sigpending is not documented in the header of
limits.conf, I have no -i switch available to ulimit, and the -i switch
is not documented in the man page.  I just looked up the info on the
internet and then applied it to what I've done with the switches
available on my system.  I use both the command line and limits.conf to
increase the open file limit on my system.

I'm unfamiliar with the implications of ssh on ulimit.  Someone else
will have to help you solve that aspect of the problem.

Good luck,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer