How to copy a Fedora system?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Apr 15 03:02:07 UTC 2006

On Friday, April 14, 2006 10:38 AM -0400 Tony Nelson
<tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

> Is there anything that needs to be fixed up after?  In my case (posted a
> couple of weeks ago), I also edited /boot/grub/grub.conf to have a stanza
> for the new partition, and /etc/fstab to refer to the new partition.

That sounds right.

In my case, I have 2 new partitions that I'm copying, root and /home, so I
need to modify the fstab on the new root to point to the new /home and
/tmp. I don't think I need to do anything special about the new swap, as
swapon should find all partitions set to type "swap".