faster bootup by not scanning for hardware changes?

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sun Apr 16 01:56:35 UTC 2006

there is also an 'early-login' method to speed up your boot. Here's a website
how somebody used a bootchart (neat graphics) to figure out where the delays
went:
 	http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/Boot_Linux_In_25_Seconds_
or
 	http://www.improvedsource.com/view.php/Linux-System/2/

Another thing to look out for is the linuxbios (slightly technical)
 	http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/Main_Page

peter