Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Apr 17 06:58:12 UTC 2006

Norm wrote:
> I assume there is a command to verify which version,  I downloaded it
> last week straight from the Fedora site  and going by the dates of the
> files on the isos  I am fairly sure it is not Test 3.  If it was fixed
> before the release U assume I can duplicate the fix on my system - do
> you know what the fix was?

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it was dbus or udev that had the
problem.  I have trouble remembering, now.  Sadly, bugzilla appears to
be down, so I can't look it up ATM.

If I were you, I'd boot to single user mode, with LDAP enabled.
Manually start your "network" service, and then use 'strace' to figure
out where dbus is hanging:

# service network start
# strace dbus-daemon --system

You'll probably need to install strace first, I don't think it's
installed by default.