livna vs. nvidia

Paul Lemmons Paul.Lemmons at tmcaz.com
Wed Apr 19 17:12:00 UTC 2006

I have read the "Why use livna" page for the Nvidia drivers. It tells me
that maintenance is easier. That is cool but it does not really tell me
what the difference is. I am currently running the drivers as
distributed by Nvidia and am about to upgrade my kernel. So, I am
considering switching to the livna drivers. Before I do that, though, I
would like to know what I am doing.

What is the difference between the two? Is the livna just a repackage of
the same software I get from Nvidia or is it something different?